Saturday, May 16, 2009

Looking Glass Falls

Looking Glass Falls in the Pisgah Forest is a popular destination for tourist and photographers alike. Ask any photographer in the region and I'm sure they have a picture of this waterfall among their collection.

During this visit to Looking Glass I had my camera setup downstream taking pictures. There are often visitors that make their way into the composition, so I just wait until they leave to begin making pictures again. On this occasion the visitor decided to enjoy the water firsthand by getting in the water and letting the water cascade on him. I was going to wait until he left to begin making pictures again, but I liked the sense of scale he gave to the waterfall be being in it, so I snapped some shots that I thought turned out pretty decent. After a few minutes he got out of the water and went on his way.
(You may have to click on the image to see a larger size to see the man in the water.)

No comments:

Post a Comment