Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Favorite Lens?

I received a compliment recently about my photography and was asked what lens I couldn't do without. I guess the answer to that question would depend on what I'm photographing at the time since certain lenses are more effective for certain types of photography, but my impulse was to say my Canon 50mm lens. Though I go through phases about which my favorite lens is like the Canon 100mm macro or the Canon 70-200 zoom, today it would probably be the Canon EF 50mm 1.4 USM prime lens. I love this lens!

The 1.4 aperture makes this a very fast lens that allows me to take pictures in low light or at night, without a flash or tripod, and with the narrow depth-of-field that I love so much. The bokeh created by the narrow depth-of-field is outstanding as are the shadow details that this lens picks up. And because it's a prime lens what I do want in focus is very sharp. This lens works great for portraits and all around general photography. Here are a few images that I've taken with this lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment