Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Image of the Week

Spring has sprung here in the south, but I have several images I've taken during the snow storms we had this way and I wanted to get one in before moving on into spring. It's hard to believe we had several inches of snow on the ground just a few weeks ago when this shot was taken. The snow was coming down outside, so I had my camera set up near my kitchen window photographing the birds visiting the bird feeders outside. I have a few branches set up around the feeders for the birds to land on as they wait their turn at the feeder, and so I can take pictures of them in a natural setting without seeing the bird feeders just a few inches away. This is a Dark Eyed Junco, a very simple, but I think, pretty bird. We've had several of them visit this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment