Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Hipstamatic on the Blue Ridge Parkway

On a recent trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway I took several pictures with my cell phone and the Hipstamatic App. Hipstamatic emulates several old film and camera types, so you can get pretty creative with the images. My favorite are the black & white films, which is what was used for these images.

The high contrast from this scene with the dark shadows and bright sunlight was perfect for the black & white film setting. This was taken along one of the trails at Cone Manor.

A simple image of the growing grass and passing clouds on the Parkway.

The Blue Ridge Parkway along one of my favorite sections on the park - Julian Price Memorial Park. Grandfather Mountain in the background is covered in clouds.

A favorite tree I often photograph when on the Parkway. I decided to make the trek around to the back side of the tree to photograph it this time and the scene from this angle was more beautiful than I imagined.

Another shot of the tree photographed above. The tree is in the middle of a meadow with wild daisies in bloom all around.

These guys were funny. It started with one and eventually there was a whole crew following me up and down the fence as I took pictures. They were funny. In this scene they were all standing side by side in a line when one of them nudged another one forward as though he was to speak or say something for them. They stood in this formation for a few minutes giving me plenty of time to take some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment