Saturday, February 28, 2009

Downtown Shooting

It's been pretty cold and rainy, but along with the stormy weather some good photographic conditions abound. I grabbed my camera gear and headed downtown to see what I could find. I wanted the wet streets and buildings to pick up the reflections from the city lights. (Ever notice that night scenes in movies are always photographed in the rain or have wet streets and buildings - same reasoning) In my haste to get downtown while there was a break in the rain I forgot my tripod, so I was only able to use my 50mm, 1.4 lens because of the low lighting. The clouds were pretty low in the sky, covering the tops of the buildings, so that caused the light from the city to reflect back down on everything and made for easier shooting without a tripod. I came away with several images that I was pleased with and will definitely have to get back downtown in the rain again to see what else I can come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment