Friday, April 29, 2011

Image of the Week

Water - another of my favorite subjects to photograph. Be it water in a lake, river, creek, waterfall or just about anywhere else, I like to photograph water. Something about it can bring life to an image.

For this type of image I always use a tripod, a slow shutter speed and a circular polarizer filter. The tripod keeps the camera steady since I'm using a long shutter speed. The long shutter speed gives the water the soft "veiled" look; and the polarizer filter allows me to eliminate any reflections coming off the water that I don't want in the image. And one more thing - water images I take like this are taken on an overcast day or in a shaded area. Those lighting conditions provide a soft even light on the water which allows me to get a correct exposure for these results. This image was taken near Grotto Falls in the Smoky Mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment